A hearing in the battery case against New Orleans Saints running back Alvin Kamar has reportedly been pushed back.
The original hearing was scheduled to take place on Monday. However, sides need more time to review video surveillance and other evidence related to the case.
The hearing has been pushed back to Aug. 1, as a result.
“We’ve received video evidence, transcripts, we’ve received some additional discovery late last week,” Kamara’s lawyer Richard Schonfeld said, via Katelyn Newberg of the Las Vegas Review-Journal.
The incident in question occurred on Feb. 5 in Las Vegas. Kamara and three others allegedly stomped on the victim 23 times and punched the victim nine times, per a report. Prior, Kamara claims the victim called one of his friends “ugly.” Tensions raised from there.
“Kamara allegedly put his hand on the victim’s chest, preventing him from walking into the elevator, and the victim pushed Kamara’s hand off, according to the report,” writes Amie Just, via NOLA.com. “The victim said he was pushed back from the elevator, and the first punch was thrown after that.”
A hearing for this battery case will now be held on Aug. 1. It’s interesting timing, considering Saints’ training camp will likely begin shortly after that.
The post Report: Decision Made On Alvin Kamara Case Hearing appeared first on The Spun.