It will be black jerseys, gold pants in Charlotte #BlackAndGoldFriday | @EAMaddenNFL pic.twitter.com/ZnTaoMBxo2
— New Orleans Saints (@Saints) September 17, 2021
The New Orleans Saints announced their uniform combination for Week 2’s away game with the Carolina Panthers: black jerseys and gold pants. It’s the second week in a row the Saints have gone with the nominally gold trousers, which can look closer to beige or khaki depending on the light, meaning the Saints have used gold pants just as often in 2021 as they did in 2020 and 2019 combined.
Because they’re the visiting team this week, the Saints had to let the Panthers choose whether to wear darker home-colored jerseys. Carolina did not, meaning New Orleans will be wearing black-and-gold in Charlotte’s mild late-summer heat.
Here is the winning percentage the Saints have achieved in each of their different uniform combinations dating back to 2006, when Sean Payton was hired to coach the team:
- White jerseys, white pants: 6-2 (.750)
- “Color Rush” alternates: 8-3 (.727)
- “Black and Gold” throwbacks: 2-1 (.667)
- Black jerseys, gold pants: 23-13 (.639)
- White jerseys, black pants: 41-25 (.621)
- Black jerseys, black pants: 46-30 (.605)
- White jerseys, gold pants: 33-24 (.578)
Leave a Reply